Wednesday, March 5
NEXT EST. JACKPOT: $ 50 million
Powerball - BIGGER Jackpots, BETTER Chances. MORE Missouri Millionaires.
For Tickets purchased on or after Jan. 15, 2012
- Powerball is a multi-state game that gives players nine ways to win cash prizes with the jackpot starting at $40 million. In addition to the jackpot, the game offers second-level prizes of $1 million, third-level prizes of $10,000 and better-than-ever payouts by using Power Play! The game is operated by the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL) in Des Moines, Iowa.
|Powerball Prize Structure||Power Play Prize Structure|
|Match||Prize||Chances 1 In||New POWER PLAY Prize|
5 white balls & PB
|5 white balls||$1 million||5,153,632.65||$2,000,000|
|4 white balls & PB||$10,000||648,975.96||$40,000|
|4 white balls||$100||19,087.53||$200|
|3 white balls & PB||$100||12,244.83||$200|
|3 white balls||$7||360.14||$14|
|2 white balls & PB||$7||706.43||$14|
|1 white ball & PB||$4||110.81||$12|
|0 white balls & PB||$4||55.41||$12|
|Overall chances1 in 31.85|
To play Powerball. . .
|Select five different numbers from 1 to 59 and mark them on the playslip.|
|Then, choose the Powerball number from 1 to 35.|
|Quick Pick: Use Quick Pick ("QP") to allow the computer to choose your numbers randomly.|
|Multi-Draw: Play the same numbers for up to 15 consecutive drawings by selecting "MULTI DRAW." Powerball can be played for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 15 consecutive drawings..|
|Power Play®: Power Play is a special feature that allows a winner to increase their original prize amount. For an extra $1 per play, Powerball players can choose to play Power Play by marking "POWER PLAY - YES" on the playslip or asking the retailer to enter it through the terminal.
With the new Powerball, Power Play now has a fixed prize structure. If you choose the Power Play option and win anywhere from $4 to $1 million, your winnings will increase two to four times the original prize amount! Matching five of five white-ball numbers and not the Powerball will automatically award a $2 million prize!
Each Powerball play is still $2. Adding Power Play costs an additional $1 per Powerball play.
Give your playslip to the retailer to process your ticket. Check your ticket to confirm that the numbers and date are correct. Sign your ticket, and store it in a safe place. Remember to check the next Powerball drawing to see if you've won!
- $2 for one play
- Wednesday and Saturday, 9:59 p.m. Central Time in Tallahassee, Florida, by the Multi-State Lottery Association.
- No Ticket Sales
- Wednesday and Saturday, 8:59 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- 2-5 a.m. daily
- Redeeming prizes
- Powerball players must redeem their prizes in the same state they bought the tickets. Because there are 44 lotteries participating in Powerball, all tickets and playslips are identified by the lottery that sold the ticket so the prize can be claimed and paid properly. If your ticket is a winner and was purchased in Missouri, click here to find out how to claim your prize.
- Lump sum payment (cash) or jackpot payments (annuity)
- Jackpot winners have 60 days after the winning draw date to choose cash or 30 graduated annuity payments (payments that increase each year). If you do not choose an option after 60 days, payment automatically defaults to the graduated annuity option. The cash option prize is approximately half of the advertised jackpot. If you choose the cash option, you get the cash the Lottery would have invested over the 30-year annuity period to pay the advertised prize amount.
- Understanding your chances of winning
- No matter how many people play Powerball, the chances of winning never change. The chances of winning are based on the amount of number combinations, not the number of players. Here's how your chances of winning the Powerball jackpot are determined.